Easy ways to up your fruit & veg intake
There?s a lot to be said for eating an abundance of fruit and vegetables; the wide variety of vitamins and minerals they provide help to keep your body functioning at its best, looking its best and feeling its best. The opposite can be said for a diet lacking in fruit and veg and therefore it makes sense to load up your diet with the good stuff.
It is surprisingly easy to barely eat any fruit and vegetables all day ? think toast for breakfast and a (salad-free) sandwich for lunch and you?ve already missed out with two of your three meals of the day. However it is just as easy to increase your daily intake ? here are some of our top suggestions.
1. Add berries to your breakfast ? they make a delicious addition to cereal or yoghurt.
2. Snack on-the-go with transport-friendly fruit such as an apple or pear, or pop a few berries in a pot and keep it in your bag.
3. Having toast? Spread an avocado on it. Sandwich lover? Make sure your filling includes a salad.
4. Soups and salads instantly increase your veg intake with ease.
5. Smoothies or juices are an easy way to glug your way through 1 of your 5 a day ? just make sure you opt for the pure stuff and not the ones laden down with added sugar.
6. Change the portion sizes of your dinner to include less meat/pasta/etc and a bigger portion of the veg content.
7. Whatever you?re having for dinner, add an extra portion of vegetables than you would normally have on your plate.
8. When reaching for a snack, opt for fruit or carrot and cucumber sticks.
Claudia Louch is an internationally-renowned natural holistic skin specialist, nutritionist, pharmacologist and health scientist operating from her Claudia Louch Natural Skin Clinic in Harley Street, London.