What to know prior to booking a consultation at the Harley Street Skin & Nutrition Clinic
Our Motto is: ‘Skin & Nutrition are intrinsically linked’.
Hippocrates said: ”Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”
Therefore we specialise in a natural & dietary treatment approach of the following nutrition & skin concerns:
• Weight Loss
• Weight Gain
• Weight Maintenance
• Pre-and post-pregnancy Weight Management
• Casting/Film role Weight Management requirements
• Nutritionally balanced eating plans for:
• Hormonal imbalances to include:
– Thyroid disorders
– Menstrual concerns
– Fertility (female/male)
– Hormonal imbalances related to Weight Management
• Pregnancy Nutrition/Weight Support (Pre – during – post)
• Chronic Fatigue screening and support
• Stress and Fatigue, Adrenal Fatigue
• Rheumatoid Conditions
• Laboratory Testing
• Well Man Clinic
• Well Woman Clinic
• Gastrointestinal Conditions such as:
– Ulcerative Colitis
– Crohn’s Disease
– Heartburn / Gastric Reflux
• All forms of acne
• All forms of eczema
• All forms of Psoriasis
• Seborrheic Dermatitis
• Yeast and fungal/bacterial infections of the skin
• Hyperpigmentation & Hypopigmentation
• Natural Anti-Ageing
• Lichen Planus forms
• All forms of Allergies
If your concern is of an urgent nature, of if your stay in London is time constrained, we might be able to offer you a Priority appointment, which are on selected days and times only. These appointments bear a higher charge and you can book through our online booking portal, or call our appointment team on 020 7467 1539. Your first appointment will last up to an hour.
2. Our next regular appointment option will also last up to an hour. You might find that you may have to wait a little while to be able to book an available slot as a new patient to our clinic. This is due to the fact that Mrs Louch sees every patient personally and with a current database of over 4500 registered patients, we need to manage our appointment diary carefully. Should you require an earlier appointment your options are to book a priority appointment or call our appointment team on 020 7467 1539 so that we can discuss available time slots and/or add you to our waiting list. In case we receive a cancellation and may be able to move your appointment forward. Please note our clinic is open from Monday to Friday 09.00 – 18.00, except bank holidays.
3. Are there further costs involved? Depending on your condition and outcome of the first consultation, Mrs Louch may suggest further laboratory testing and personally elaborate on associated costs. As we have hundreds of different tests at our disposition, only Mrs Louch will be able to personally council you during the consultation as to which tests might be appropriate. You will also be able to pursue the option for any further testing through your own health provider if so desired. Please note that our appointment coordinators/administrative staff are not qualified to make or discuss any such recommendations.
4. Prescription costs? As all our natural plant and mineral based remedies will be specifically formulated by us for you, we are unable to advise you prior to the consultation of any potential costs. The prescription of remedies depends on the outcome of the consultation, as well as ingredients used.
5. Please note that it is always the patient’s choice to proceed with any further laboratory testing or prescription items at all items, following detailed discussion of all associated costs during the consultation with Mrs Louch personally.
The consultation process:
A first consultation with Mrs Louch will last up to an hour, as we take pride in our comprehensive patient consultation process, explained below in detail:
A first consultation will always start with a pre-assessment, which is always performed by one of our friendly clinic assistants. The clinic assistant in charge will check with you whether your health questionnaire has been completed properly. This questionnaire will be emailed to you prior to your consultation and after you have booked a firm appointment with us. This questionnaire should be emailed back to us prior to the consultation. However, if you were unable to complete our questionnaire prior to the consultation, please ensure to come 15-minutes before your appointment time, so that we have enough time to complete the form and outline your basic patient information and health-particulars.
The Patient pre-assessment includes the following services, which are part of your first consultation:
1. Your clinic assistant will check with you if the form has been completed properly
2. Perform a comprehensive urine test through an automated urine analyser
3. Anthropometric measurements
4. Resting Metabolic Rate
5. Pulsoximeter Blood Oxygen measurements
6. Blood Pressure and Pulse measurements
7. Spirometry Test (only if required)
The customised treatment plan:
Once all necessary information has been obtained through the testing and evaluation process, Claudia Louch will customise your own personalised prescription and treatment plan. This may include Nutritional/Dietary advice, phytomedical topical and/or internal prescriptions, as well as our renowned In-House Dermatherapy and Body Treatments to facilitate the healing process.
All our prescription ingredients derive from recognised specialist medicinal plant growers in the UK, Germany and Australia, and are formulated personally by Claudia Louch, and processed in our in-house Phytomedical laboratory specifically for each individual patient. We are very proud of the fact that our products and treatments are 100% plant and mineral based. No two patients receive the same treatment plan, even if they suffer from similar conditions, due to the personalised approach Mrs Louch adopts.
Scheduling an appointment with Claudia Louch:
You can book all your appointments online on our Online Booking Portal, by filling out your details, choosing the type and date/time of your consultation and paying your deposit, which is fully refundable if you cancel your appointment 48 hours prior the designated day and time by calling us on 020 7467 1539 during our normal clinic hours from Monday to Friday 09.00 – 18.00. You can also call our appointment coordinators on 020 7467 1539 should you wish to talk to us directly about the next appointment availability. It may be that you may have to wait for a little while for your first appointment with Mrs Louch. We are an extremely busy clinic, with over 4500 registered patients, and that patients come from all over the world to see us, for our unique approach in treating skin and nutrition concerns. Our philosophy is that one approach does not fit all. Our aim is to treat each patient as an individual and each condition from the inside out. Mrs Louch prides herself in seeing each patient personally.
Type of appointments with Claudia Louch:
On our online portal you can book the following appointment types:
• In person appointment
• Video consultation (convenient for patients who are unable to travel to central London)
• Telephone Consultation
Patient waiting list:
We do get the occasional appointment cancellations, in which case you may be seen much earlier. Therefore, we operate a waiting list, to which we will automatically add your name: Should an earlier appointment be available we will email or call you.
You may have to liaise with your health insurance whether our services are covered. We do not interact with health insurance companies directly, as this depends on what type of cover your health insurance premium covers, on pre-existing health conditions and so forth. Therefore, you are always required to pay for all tests and consultations personally, but we will provide you with an invoice which may help you to reclaim some of it, insurance permitting.
Do you still have more questions? Feel free to call our friendly team on 020 7467 1539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to know more about Claudia Louch? Click here to read a feature about our clinic written by the Sunday Telegraph.
We look forward to meeting you!