“Let your food be your medicine, and your only medicine be your food.” (Hippocrates: 460 – 360 BC)
The Skin and Nutrition Clinic investigates and aims to support disorders of the digestive system including:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and nutritional Support with peptic ulcers**
- Irritable Bowel Disease including Crohns Disease, Ulcerative Colitis and gastritis**
- Nutritional Support in Diabetes and post Cancer Treatments (post Chemo & Radiotherapy)**
- Liver conditions including fatty liver disease (Steatorrhea) and nutritional Support in hepatitis**
- Digestive conditions relating to bioavailibility and absorption of micronutrients**
- Nutritional Support in Dyspepsia (heart burn)and Dysphagia (swallowing Problems)**
- Oesophageal Reflux disease (GERD), Hiatus Hernia, Nutrient Malabsorption**
- Gastrointestinal yeast and/or bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)**
- Gastrointestinal intolerances, allergies, urticaria and coeliac disease**
Claudia Louch pursues an integrated approach to the restoration and maintenance of good health in individuals and recognises the crucial importance of sound nutrition in the treatment of obesity and other illnesses, given the wide ranging effects on the body and its vital organs, many of which only emerge over time.
Claudia Louch is very highly regarded in her treatment of food eating disorders and her approach to formulating appropriate nutritional strategies for patients with advanced medical conditions. This is undertaken through detailed analysis of existing food consumption and lifestyle influences, body composition and metabolism, professional activity, social demands and overall health status. *
*Results may vary from person to person.
For the benefit of her patients, Claudia Louch takes a strong interest in all current scientific studies and clinical research into gene expression and genomics, whole body and tissue specific, energy and nutrition requirements (as signalled by the brain and hypothalamus) and lipid metabolism. These studies in nutritional advancement are equally applicable to a wide range of issues covering obesity, metabolism, cardiovascular systems, bone disease, Hepatitis C and HIV.
Claudia Louch has given her time generously in the wide field of nutritional education, providing nutritional guidance for patients, for example as a volunteer for a Hepatitis C charity in the UK.
**All the above symptoms can also be caused by other conditions and should always be investigated by your GP or qualified health practitioner. The information and reference guides in this website are intended solely for the general information for the reader. The contents of this web site are not intended to offer personal medical advice, diagnose health problems or for treatment purposes. It is not a substitute for medical care provided by a licensed and qualified health professional. There is no guarantee of specific results the results may vary. Please consult your health care provider for any advice on medication.