Survive the Christmas party season
With the Christmas party season upon us, many late nights, naughty but nice food choices, an over-indulgence in alcohol and all those moves on the dance floor is enough to leave anyone feeling exhausted!
Here are our top tips and tricks to keep your energy levels up during the festive period.
1. Not only does plenty of water keep your energy levels high and your body functioning properly, it is even more vital if you are drinking alcohol, eating salty food and exerting yourself on the dance floor. Drinking water throughout your night out will help stop you flagging the next day.
2. Make sure you get enough sleep! No-one wants to be the first to leave a party but even leaving at midnight instead of being the last one out the door at 2am will give your body some vital extra Z?s when you need it most.
3. When you wake the morning after the party, take 10 minutes to do a gentle stretch routine; it will awaken your body and mind and ease tension and achy muscles, which will all go a long way in making you feel ready to face the day.
4. If you are feeling the effects of the night before, avoid the urge to indulge in unhealthy snacks (which will only make you feel worse) and instead give your body a helping hand with foods such as fruit, nuts, eggs and tuna.
5. Fresh air works wonders for perking up a weary mind and body, so take a stroll at lunch to avoid the dreaded afternoon slump.
Claudia Louch is an internationally-renowned natural holistic skin specialist, nutritionist, pharmacologist and health scientist operating from her Claudia Louch Natural Skin Clinic in Harley Street, London.